Well, we moved! And survived!
...so far. But I'm getting really, REALLY tired of hearing myself say, "Oh look! Here [x] is!" only to say a short time later, "Hm. I wonder where [x] went." Which explains why we have no pictures of the move because the camera has been resurfacing (when not needed) and hiding itself (when wanted) for the last several days. But it will turn up! Eventually!
Unpacking your house is like going on a treasure hunt. Sure, you labeled the boxes, but only with the major items, so who knows what other countless small items you stuffed in a box at the last minute before you taped it up? I actually have a large box labeled "random crap from closet" because really there was no other way to label it.
So this is just to let you all know that we are alive, we have unpacked essentials like shampoo and liquor, everyone has a bed to sleep on (with sheets!) and I have actually done a couple loads of laundry. And I went grocery shopping, so we have food to eat now. I think Andy was getting a little tired of oatmeal for 4 days in a row.
More details when I can feel less guilty about spending time on the internet. (i.e., when I can find a chair from which I can't see any unpacked boxes.)
Yay!
ReplyDeleteHaving just done this myself a few months ago, I feel your pain.I actually numbered all my boxes and used excel to track the contents. Despite those efforts, it was still hard to find the box. Where is box #20? Lol
ReplyDeleteTine
ReplyDeleteAfter we moved to Dodge City, I couldn't find my kitchen timer. When we were getting ready for a trip a year later, there it was, in a suitcase! Congrats on finding the camera!