Now, for a normal person who isn't interrupted every 90 seconds, I'm assuming (since I don't actually know) this whole process could take about 20-30 minutes, maybe 45 for a really long post. But for a stay-at-home homeschooling mother with 5 children and a husband who needs attention sometimes too, the process takes about... 2 weeks.
The above two paragraphs took me 2 days to write. And I haven't even added pictures yet!
[said in Barbie voice]: Blogging is haaaaaaard!
----------
Alright, alright, enough with the first world problems! It's not even a problem, really. I just sat down to write a post the other day and realized all the steps I had to go through to get one published. But when you're being constantly interrupted and having your train of thought derailed, no wonder it takes so long! I feel slightly vindicated now. :)
----------
Okay, on to said pictures.
Good grief, there's a ton. Sheesh, whoever is in charge of this blog should update more often!
Okay, so remember back in February when Daniel had the nebulizer treatment and looked all cute and pathetic?
![]() |
| "psht! Enemy fighters at 2 o'clock! psht!" |
----------
So remember when I went "running?" And I loved it? Well, apparently my heels do not. Even though I ran for probably a sum total of 45 seconds in two days, there is something very wrong with them. They hurt when I point my toe. I have never experienced pain in that location before, even after all those years of ballet. It's bizarre. I can still walk and stuff, but going down stairs adds a new level of excitement to my days.
Any other runners out there who were once newbies experienced this?
----------
When it snows in March in Virginia, this is what you get:
![]() |
| nasty. cold. wet. SLUSH. |
Training a new house elf!
![]() |
| dis one go here... dat one go dere... |
Okay so today (this is Tuesday now, day 4 on this post) I went to fill the prescriptions for Miriam and Joseph's allergy meds. Do you know how much the eye drops were? WITH insurance? SEVENTY STINKING DOLLARS. Seventy! For one eensy bottle! Dudes, living in Virginia is ex-pen-sive. So I only got one bottle of drops for Joseph, since his eyes bother him the most, and OTC allergy meds like Allegra (which I also picked up) aren't great about treating itchy eyes. (And since "federal law PROHIBITS the transfer of a prescription drug to any person other than the patient for whom it was prescribed," even though the doctor prescribed EXACTLY THE SAME MEDICINES to both my children, I'm not going to admit on this here blog that I would EVER violate FEDERAL LAW and take the cheapskate way out by using the one bottle on two different people in my family, nuh-uh.) I'm afraid to get the nasal spray -- last time it was $50 (it really worked on Miriam, though). So here's hoping the $8.00 jar of local wildflower honey is just as effective!
----------
Katie: "Mommy, can I borrow your camera?"
me: "Ummmm, sure..."
[20 minutes later...]
Katie: "Mama, doesn't it look just like an egg in a bird's nest?"
There are now 24 shots just like this on my camera:
![]() |
| this was the most in focus |
Speaking of kids getting their hands on a camera:
![]() |
| this is Joseph's preferred pose for impromptu shots |
| truuuuuuuuuuuck... |
![]() |
| Katie makes stuff like this all day, every day. isn't it cute? |
![]() |
| om nom nom... nom? |
![]() |
| preschool in die Gurkehaus! |
And of course, what first days of spring are complete without liberal application of band-aids?
![]() |
| I don't know if you can see them all, but he has seven. |
There! Only five days! I've got 3 more posts coming down the line... but please don't hold your breath! :)









What kind of nasal spray do you get? I use fluticasone propionate. Generic and very cheap (I get it by mail). It smells like roses when you use it. Also, Bausch & Lomb makes over-the-counter Opcon-A Eye Allergy Relief Eye Drops with an antihistamine to relieve itchy eyes. You could check with your pediatrician to see if either of these would be appropriate.
ReplyDeleteYou could have plantar fasciitis. If you're going to go running, you need to get some proper running shoes that will cushion your heels properly and have good arch support. New Balance makes good ones.
ReplyDeleteBetter yet, don't run - it's really hard on the knees as well as the feet. Brisk walking is best. But you should still get some good athletic shoes.
I think it was Nasonex. It worked really well. So far the Allegra seems to be working for their noses, but it wears off after 8 hrs. (instead of lasting for 12). The last OTC antihistamine eye drops I gave Joseph made his eyeballs swell up. It was pretty scary. So I'm willing to drop a chunk of change for that one, as long as it a)works and b) doesn't make his eyes pop out.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I don't have plantar fascitis. Wrong ligament. The soreness went away after a few days of stretching, and the most recent time I went running it didn't hurt. I think I must have landed wrong a couple times -- heel striking instead of landing flat-footed -- enough to strain something. Lesson learned -- land even lighter than you think you need to!