Friday, April 19, 2013

Baby's First Haircut!

Yes.  We already gave Andy his first haircut.  Mr. Pickles had been pestering me for a while about it and I had been resisting  (Mr. P.: "Sooooo, when do you think you'll cut Andy's hair?"  me: "Umm, never?") so for Easter I finally decided to swallow my maternal angst and do it.

who's that shaggy baby?
 Now, I don't know if you've ever cut a five-month-old's hair, but it's not as easy as it sounds.

...Which is saying something.


baby mullet has got to go!
For one thing, they can't sit up yet.  So the haircut has to be done lying down.  Fortunately with help from The Magic Baby In The Mirror and a piece of ribbon, Andrew was entertained long enough for me to snip away.

Wow!  I have ears!  Now, Woman, about those bangs....
I've trimmed the boys' hair enough to sort of know what I'm doing, but it still came out a little funny.  For one thing, I didn't realize how much hair he'd rubbed off directly over his ears until I trimmed the longer sections above them...

aaack!  too short! too short!
Thankfully his smile is so dazzling that you don't notice. :)

dapper dude!

The BEST part about his new haircut?

He gets AWESOME bed-head.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the fuzz right above his ear. I never would have thought that it was so thin there. I looks like somebody already cut his hair before you cut his hair. Just assume that statement makes sense.

    FYI, I still think he looks good. You did a good job considering how incredibly kinetic he is.

    ReplyDelete