Lots of random little moments from our life, each of which deserved a post of its own, but, well, here we are.
First entry: a new Pickle pet!
 |
| heebiejeebieheebiejeebieheebiejeebie |
These monstrosities in our basement in the summer and regularly threaten small children (and squeamish adults) foolish enough to use the downstairs bathroom.
Okay, now that you're awake, here is some relaxo-vision provided by the littlest gherkin.... quite literally:
 |
| I'm curious to know how he got himself into this position... while sleeping... |
I forgot to mention that for Mother's Day, Miriam gave me a set of wind chimes, which is awesome in itself. BUT! The gorgeous glass globe on top LIGHTS UP IN THE DARK, which kicks the awesome up a notch:
 |
| AND it changes colors! |
 |
| low lighting and small children do not a sharp photo make |
Katie's really gotten into her music lately. She asks to practice every day, and is really progressing. She is so ready for lessons -- we're hoping to start her off this summer!
 |
| ahh, Theory, my old nemesis, we meet again |
Okay so one of the reasons we need to move into a bigger house is so we have more room for the books.
 |
| Barbara Cooney is one of my favorite illustrators. Herge is fast becoming a new household favourite :) |
 |
| homeboy REALLY loves Tintin |
I'm so glad we have reading children. I keep hearing complaints from parents about these mythical children who don't like to read. Who wouldn't love to read? My idea of the perfect day is a bright window, a steady supply of iced tea, and a stack of books. (If there happens to be an ocean outside the window, all the better!)
So Daniel has this habit of eating part of his dinner, then searching for an available lap to finish the rest. At first we thought it was because his booster chair was getting uncomfortable. But now I think it's just because he's such a snuggle bug. The other evening he rejected both Mommy's and Daddy's laps in favor of big sis's:
 |
| she very willingly obliged. she was so tickled he chose her! (note my new, honkin', thirsty-pregnant-momma water bottle -- I go through about 3 of these a day, not counting drinks at meals!) |
Finally, the pool is open!! The pool is open!! We went for the first time on Sunday. (Saturday we were busy shopping for a new fridge -- huzzah) And of course, with the first pool trip of the summer comes...
 |
| the first pool toes of the summer! |
Poor little Daniel's tootsies were raw and bleeding. I can't find Joseph's water shoes from last year (which ought to fit Daniel now) -- our basement/dungeon where we store the swim stuff is quite the disaster. But hopefully we can dig them out before our next pool trip. I guess I should have let them run around barefoot on concrete for a few weeks beforehand to condition their sensitive skin!
At least we postponed the first sunburns of the summer, although I'm sure that's coming....
 |
| whack! whack! whack! I love my brother! |
In case you are still shopping for a frig, a light and a shelf in the freezer compartment is SO wonderful and helpful TAE
ReplyDelete