As proof of our insanity, we drove all the way to Chicago the first day. That's 700 miles. Six states. We packed the car the night before, and had the kids sleep in their clothes. We left home at 5:30 am to beat the worst of DC rush hour, and made it all the way to Pennsylvania before we made our first stop.
Ohio is a very wide state. Very, very, very wide. It felt like 80% of our trip was on the Ohio turnpike. (It was really only half.)
I forget when exactly we arrived in Chicago -- with the time change to Central and the city traffic and the baby's hysterical screaming for the last 20 minutes, time sort of lost all meaning.
We had talked about doing something touristy, like visiting a museum downtown, but it worked out better this way. We were all seriously tired after our long day, and having one day just to relax and play was what we really needed. I don't think it was so relaxing for Dave & Katie. :) (I wonder if their cat Moxie will ever recover.) But we had a lovely time with them and promised to invade them again soon and break more of their toys.The next day we drove the rest of the way to Minnesota. We don't have any pictures from that leg of the journey, so nothing interesting must have happened. Only one thing stands out about that trip for me -- Wisconsin is a very big state. That, and I think we missed a toll somewhere in Illinois. We tried to pay online later, but the website was extremely confusing (probably on purpose). I hope they let us back in the state so we can terrorize Moxie again.
No comments:
Post a Comment