I love our china. So much so that I painted the dining room to match it. :) (Also, it was the only pattern in the store that Mr. Pickles and I could agree on when we were registering for wedding gifts.) I make sure we use it every Sunday -- it helps to set the day apart.
So this evening I was pulling out the china cups and plates, as it was my turn for hosting our homeschool group's Mother's Tea. Mr. Pickles came wandering through the dining room with Joseph in his arms, fresh from his bath. Joseph watched me for a moment and said,
"Oooh, pate."
[pause]
"Donut?"
(Because we get donuts every Sunday after Mass.)
Mr. Pickles and I lost it. That is a) one smart boy, and b) an example of the effectiveness of ritual!
Speaking of the effectiveness of ritual, Dave is looking forward to having kids so that he has someone to eat donuts with every Sunday after Mass!
ReplyDeleteLOL! To be authentic, they ought to be purchased from a Korean or Cambodian family-run donut shop. :) Sadly, none such exist near us any more, since our favorite donut shop right down the street from our church was closed for health violations. (ew) I feel like I'm betraying tradition every time I walk into the grocery store Sunday morning.
ReplyDeleteYou guys do take your donuts seriously!
ReplyDeleteYou bet your Boston Cremes we do!
ReplyDelete