So, now he's in his own little bed (complete with fluffy new mattress). It's nice b/c I can actually reach in to kiss him goodnight now (his younger sibling was preventing me from doing that in the crib). And for a while, he didn't realize that he could get out of his bed by himself. He would sit groggily in his bed and wait for someone to come get him after he woke up. We hoped this illusion would last a while... until MIRIAM showed him he could get out of his bed all by himself, and LEAVE HIS ROOM when he woke up! Grrrrr! I think I'm going to show him how he can jump on her first thing in the morning when he wakes up. Ha ha, just kidding. (mostly)
One morning (on a weekend, naturally) Mr. Pickles and I were awakened at 6:25 am by the sound of: pitter-patter-pitter-patter-RATTLERATTLE-pitter-patter-pitter-patter-RATTLERATTLE as Joseph was stomping back and forth between our bedroom doorknobs, trying to figure out which one he could open (they both have babyproof doorknob covers). Finally Mr. Pickles, God bless him, stumbled over to a door and opened it, to be greeted immediately by "Mlilk? Ceweal? Mlilk? Ceweal?" I'm totally teaching him how to wake up his sisters first. (Actually, he usually does that anyway, since when he wakes up he pounds on his door and yells, "May-yum! Tay-tee! May-yum! Tay-tee!" until one of them gets up and goes to play with him -- or lets him into MY room, grrr. )
Then one afternoon after we put him down for his nap, I kept hearing a bedroom door opening and slamming. I thought it was one of the girls (specifically, Katie) being thoughtless, but when I went to check, neither of them was upstairs. It was Joseph, the little stinker, NOT in bed sleeping, but trying to work up the courage to come downstairs even though he hadn't slept yet. I explained the situation to him, and although he made a couple passionate and principled counter-arguments, I think I made my point. At any rate he eventually fell asleep. However, when I went to get him out of bed later, I couldn't get in the room b/c he had figured out how to LOCK HIS DOOR, through the babyproof doorknob cover we put on it!!! This kid has got some talent. So I had to take apart the doorknob to open his door, since I couldn't find a screwdriver both strong and skinny enough to unlock it via the little hole from the outside. When I put it back together I fixed it so that the lock won't work. Hopefully. Mr. Pickles suggested I turn it so that the lock is on the OUTSIDE. There's a lot of merit in that idea, since he already broke one knob cover.
But his new bed is cute, don't you think?
Oh, does anyone have an idea for where I could find some wall-stickies of cars and/or trains, preferably not Disney or Thomas-themed? And which won't cost me $80?
Go, Joseph!
ReplyDeleteLooking good! Boy themed wall decals are a great idea, but I have no idea where to get them.
ReplyDeleteKids Line makes some great items for childrens rooms, including decals.I have jungle animals on Damien's bedroom wall, and the nice thing about them is that they don't harm walls and you can remove/reuse them elsewhere. Here is one I found that I particularly liked for what you might be looking for:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/kli/kli275wd-item.html - $20.00
There are a couple of other car/plane/boat decals at about the same price, but I thought the little roads in the one I linked might make for some fun in building a highway around Joseph's room. =)
~ The Resident Murloc
VERY cute, Rie! And they match the chunky cars on his curtains. (which I have to rehang as he ripped the rods out of the drywall... what IS it with boys and destruction???) Thanks for the tip!
ReplyDeleteMy pleasure! =)
ReplyDeleteSo far we haven't run into the destruction of the house just yet. We actually got a very nice valance and drapes gifted to us that would match the decor in Damien's room.
There were three reasons why we exchanged the drapes for something else: A) it would make the window look humongous compared to the room, B) it might potentially make the room look darker than I wanted (the drapes were an olive green), and C) there was the potential of a little boy playing monkey on them. (Option C was the one that really stood out.)
So, yeah, we kept the valance and nixed the drapes. =)
Hope the decals work out and make for some fun times in the room! =)
~ The Resident Murloc
You also might want to check out Target - I was at our local store today buying a nightlight and noticed that they had generic trucks & cars decals in the same aisle.
ReplyDelete