Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to the Bearcakes!

Well, it's been a month since Katie's 5th birthday, so I figured it was okay to blog about it now. :)

For those keeping score, Katie just turned 5. Yes, 5. As in, a WHOLE HAND. Didn't Miriam just do this recently? Like, 2 months ago? Sigh. I can't believe what a big girl Katie is getting to be. Well, maybe "big" isn't the most accurate description -- she'll still itty bitty. But she is getting older. There is a big difference between 4 and 5. For one thing, I can play the ol' "you're too big for that" card whenever she's pitching a fit or acting especially naughty.

Aw, but how could dis widdle face ever be naughty?

Katie with her new "Hug a Pug" with removable tutu and princess crown. :) She loved all of her gifts this year -- they were all perfect for her. I'm sure I'll forget something (WHY did I not write her gifts down? did I think I'd actually be able to remember them all? HA!), but I know that in addition to the hug-a-pug she also received a playground set for her Calico Critters -- with which she and Miriam played the rest of the day, a good book, a fun "I Spy" game, and from us, a hobby horse. Or should I say, hobby unicorn.

Is that not the girliest horse ever?? Katie loves it. It sleeps next to her every night. Joseph loved it too -- and didn't understand why HE couldn't have it all to himself, since he helped me pick it out at the toy store.

It makes noises too, which so far haven't made me regret buying it for her.




Katie wanted to help decorate her cake.


She is getting to be very particular about things. (some might even go so far as to say "picky." or even "fickle." can't imagine where she gets it...) Her preferred cake decoration kept changing several times a day leading up to her birthday. Finally when we were at the store choosing her cake flavor, a box of My Little Pony "fruit" snacks caught her eye, and her cake theme was finally decided upon.

Note the ponies frolicking in the meadow?


Happy Birthday to our princess.

3 comments:

  1. Happy (Belated) Birthday, Katie!

    (On a side note, when you posted about the Hug-a-Pug, the first thing I thought of was the Pug in WoW: http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/mammals/canines/perky_pug.asp. =p )

    ~ The Resident Murloc

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fruit" snacks! Contains a percentage* of real fruit!


    *Contains 0% real fruit. Zero is a percent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (very-belated) B-day Katie!

    - Tine

    ReplyDelete