Monday, September 07, 2009

The Rumors of Our Demise, etc. etc.

Hello all, yes yes I know we've been keeping all of you adoring fan(s) woefully unupdated (that's a word because I say so) (or should it be "downdated"?)... as I was saying, here is my completely original and novel, never-before-used excuse:

We've been busy.

I'm not entirely sure where the summer went, but I think most of it was spent either at the swimming pool


or reading books



or outside riding bikes with the neighborhood kids. So from a kid's point of view, a good summer!

We also made time for a few home projects.

The yellow dungeon is now Joseph's mint-green room. I haven't taken a complete "after" picture b/c there's still a huge mattress propped against the wall that we haven't found another space for yet. (Joseph doesn't mind -- he likes to hide behind it with Katie. Maybe we'll just leave it in there.)

Mid-way through August I realized that the kids needed more daily structure, so we went ahead and started school 2 weeks early this year. So far they're both really enjoying it -- just this morning (Labor Day), Katie asked if we could do school today. I'll save the details of what we're doing for a separate post.

It was a good summer, filled with lots of silliness.



Hope yours was the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment