Saturday, March 21, 2009

Celebrating 7

For Miriam's birthday party this year, she chose:

bowling!!!

A friend had a bowling party for her birthday last year, and Miriam had so much fun she wanted to do it for hers as well. We also went bowling New Year's Eve, so in her short life, Miriam has gone bowling more times than I have in my 29-some years. ;)

Here's Miriam showing her style.

Joseph got to bowl, too (with help).

(gratuitous cute baby shot) Yay! I like bowling!

I like Katie's style here.

The great thing about bowling is that everyone is excited for everyone else.



And for little kids, it's like, "Yay, I knocked a pin down!"


(Good thing we put the bumpers up.)

We went back and forth on party themes -- at first Miriam wanted a Sleeping Beauty Princess party (who wouldn't?). But when we were shopping for supplies they didn't have any Princess Fruit Snacks for the goody bags at the grocery store, so we switched themes last minute to My Little Pony. More cake decorating possibilities opened themselves up immediately. This was fun (and yummy!).


Miriam and her friends all had a great time. I think turning 7 this year has been a success so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment