This is my latest excuse for why I haven't update the blog in a while. :) I do have several drafts waiting to be completed... honest...Here's a lovely piece by Elizabeth Foss about the first day of homeschooling. It was exactly what I needed to hear this week: I am not alone! We had quite the adjustment this week, accompanied by much challenging of authority (them), scolding (me), and whining (both of us). But at least the girls beg to "do school" every waking moment, so they're enjoying all the new school toys. For now. We'll see how long it takes for the bloom to fall off the rose. Meanwhile I feel like I'm running a three-ring circus, which I am, literally. Three very different children with three extremely different needs, often occurring all at the same time. I feel like I'm constantly living in a triage situation.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.
(Image credit: "Books in Winter" by Jessie Wilcox Smith from art.com)
No comments:
Post a Comment