Monday, August 11, 2008

Alternatives to "Hush Little Baby"

No stranger to nontraditional lullabies (bawdy sea shanties, anyone?), I was still amused to hear Mr. Pickles tonight crooning baby Joseph to sleep with this theme.

He says that before that, he was singing: "Skip around the room, skip around the room, he won't shut up unless I skip around the room," which ironically actually helped Joseph calm down finally. He's teething, poor baby. Yes. I KNOW. FOUR months old and teething already. I told him he's not allowed to get any teeth before he's at least 7 months old but he wouldn't listen to me. Baby Orajel, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Not bawdy. Just bloody, as in "I murdered William Moore, left him lying in his gore" -- one of your favorites. ;-)

    For teething, you used to like it when I dipped my finger in brandy (probably Grand Marnier) and rubbed it on your gums. You stopped fussing and got very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete