
22 weeks (why, of course my body looks this good too!). Other highlights from this stage: the baby is swallowing now, which means: hiccups! I think I've actually felt them a couple times already.
The girls are getting really excited. The kicks are getting stronger -- they're at the point where I can SEE them now. Of course, we've got a case of the fetus who cried wolf, so the girls haven't felt much lately. But we've been talking a lot about the baby, and what it's going to be like when it's born, and how they're BOTH going to be big sisters and good helpers (RIGHT?).
They've been getting some practice in too. For example, Katie LOVES putting babies to bed.
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
Exhibit DAnd you've already seen her put my bridesmaid flowers to bed. This is just the briefest sampling of what we encounter all over the house every day.
She also enjoys putting Daddy to bed. She'll lay him out on a pillow and cover him with a blanket (usually using a baby blanket that maybe covers his upper arm), read a story to him (by sitting next to him, holding a book in her lap, and looking at the pictures silently), then sing a story and kiss him goodnight. Then in 30 seconds she'll wake him up and start all over. It's very cute. I wish I had a video to show you all.
Miriam is already an expert put-to-sleeper. Every once in a while she begs to put Paul (the boy I'm babysitting) down for his nap. She'll read to him, cover him up, and sing to him. The thing that amazes me is that he'll actually cooperate and go to sleep! It's been a big help these last few weeks, as Katie has been more emotionally needy and hands-on at nap time lately.
We went in for the 20-week ultrasound a little bit ago -- I'll post some highlights about that soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment