Monday, November 20, 2006

And now... the post you've all been anxiously waiting for...

The Katie's Second Birthday Blogonanza! Complete with pictures! (speaking of which, sorry it took so long to post about this -- Blogger hates me. More specifically, Blogger hates me trying to post pictures.)

Sooooo.... here is the Birthday Girl in her Birthday Outfit posing for her Birthday Pictures and looking Birthday Cute.

No girl should be without the coordinating purse.

Her true personality shining through.

I'm cute and I know it!

For her cake I made cupcakes and shaped them into...

what else? :)

Blowing out her candles (with the help of the bigger girls).

The Birthday Bear with her birthday bear. She was SOOO excited about this present! She liked them all, actually, but she was the most enthusiastic about ripping this one out of its wrappings once she saw what it was. :)

Katie really enjoyed her birthday -- the cupcakes, the presents, the singing, the balloons -- she soaked up all of it! (Sometimes I still catch her singing "Happy Birthday" to herself.) I just hope that our children always feel loved and special on their birthdays. (One thing I've noticed though -- how come mothers never get any appreciation for the hard labor they went through to PRODUCE the birthday child, huh?? btw, Mom B, thanks for the 23 hours of back-breaking labor that you're fond of reminding me YOU went through 29-odd years ago!) :)

One thing I love about this time of year -- our table is covered w/festive cards! (for those who don't remember or didn't know, I spent our 4th anniversary frantically cleaning the house b/c I was in pre-labor w/Katie -- she was born early the next morning) :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Katie Bear!

    Thanks for the pictures. I love Katie's outfit. Did you make it, Mrs. P?

    BTW, Katie's hair seems to be getting lighter. Or is it just an illusion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. [quote]...went through 29-odd years ago![/quote]

    Someone still in a little bit of denial about being 30? Or are we just forgetting how to count in our old age? That's OK. We understand senility comes with old age and two children. The nice young men in their white coats will take good care of you in the no-longer-twenty-somethings home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhhhh ho ho hoooo.... just you wait until it's YOUR turn to grow up, little brother.

    And no, I did not make the dress -- a little too advanced for me! It was given to Katie when she was born by some friends who have excellent taste (they gave Miriam a beautiful dress once too).

    Not sure about Katie's hair -- I haven't noticed a difference, but other people have said the same thing. It could also be due to the way it picks up light in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I've noticed the same thing in recent pictures. Her hair is much lighter.

    You see her everyday, so you won't notice the change much, but for us people who see random pictures here and there, the change is pretty noticeable. :)

    Tine

    ReplyDelete