
snowbunnies
I wasn't sure how Katie would react, since she had just woken up from a nap and was still a little groggy.

what IS this stuff?
I needn't have worried -- she was FASCINATED and loved it! She kept eating the snow on her mittens (when she was actually able to keep them on...).

aww, snowbaby
Meanwhile, Miriam kept begging me to make snowballs for her. By the time it got too dark to stay out, her mittens were just coated in snow!

snow princess
Katie loved patting the new snow boots I got her a couple days later.

boots!
There's just something magic about that first snow, especially seen through the eyes of a child who's experiencing it for the first time! What I love most about it is that it transforms the ugly, bare, brown world into one of crystalline beauty and grace; when every twig looks individually outlined in pearl.

snow
God is a poet. It's most evident at the height of each season.
No comments:
Post a Comment