Miriam was totally psyched for the trip:

swimmer
This is a picture of our little cottage:

beach house
Okay, so it had to hold 15 people!
We all had SUCH a blast. I think everyone had a relaxing, fun time. There were lots of extra hands around so I think all of us moms got a little break. It was a major baby-fest week:

Maggie Lu & Maximum Blabs

the oldest baby :)
I had time to do a lot of reading (Jane Eyre here):

chillin'
The house also had some bikes, so I spend an afternoon re-teaching myself how to ride and trying not to look like an idiot. (no picture of this, thankfully!) We also had a couple ping-pong death matches, in addition to a wiffle ball championship series.
Katie 2 & Katie^3 got along well:

Katies
Of course, the highlight for Miriam was the fact that Edy was there too.

friends
They spent most of their time dressed in Aunt Katie's old dancing costumes, chasing each other around the kitchen island:

princess running

jailbird running
And of course, there was...

THE BEACH!
Well, this was the public part. WE spent our time here:

private beach
Much nicer, I think you'll agree. :) Miriam LOVED the water, as you can see from this picture:

M at beach
Note how she's running to the water and splashing and cavorting and giggling with glee... Okay, reality check. She's clinging to Daddy for dear life. And every time she talks about our trip now, she says, "We went to Bethy Beach but I didn't like the water kabuzz I was scaaaaaaaawed." We couldn't get her to go within 20 feet of the waves. I can't say I blame her -- even though the waves weren't that high, they crashed really loud and fast. Very intimidating to someone 36 inches tall. So the little ones ended up playing in the sand while the grownups braved the surf.

beach girls
Katie had a blast wherever we put her -- just give her something to chew on and she's content!

beach baby
Finally, I just want to apologize to all mothers everywhere -- I know you all THINK you have or had the cutest baby in the world, but I have to say that no, we really win the prize for cutest baby in the UNIVERSE.

cutie
We gotta figure out how to cash in on that.
I love the pics. You're right that Katie is absolutely adorable! And that is one HUGE house there. You have to make it a yearly tradition.
ReplyDeleteAs an aside, I am so embarrassed about being outed by Mr. Pickles this afternoon on the FW stuff. I thought maybe I could never face you two again, but I think I'm getting over the worst of the humiliation. The funny thing is that I did most of that silly stuff before I even read about it in the book. Guess it just comes naturally;-)
I second your comments about Katie. She's obviously the cutest baby in the universe. And her sister is the cutest and smartest 3-year old. Obviously, excellent genes! (Ahem)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful girls! It looks like you had a great trip!
ReplyDelete