Friday, May 13, 2005

Katie's Theme Song

I think most of our loyal readers may be unaware that our little Catherine has a theme song. One of our friends (who also has a sister named Katie) started singing it to her on Easter, & it's been a popular song in our house ever since. And what is it? Why, K-K-K-Katy, that "Sensational Stammering Song Success Sung by the Soldiers and Sailors" of WWI, of course! According to Miriam, this is how it goes:

K-K-Katy, booful Katy,
you're da one-a ba-ba-baby I adore,
whe-hen the moon shines, over the cow shines,
I be waiting from da kitchen door!

Katie will smile any time one of us starts singing this song to her. She loves it.

3 comments:

  1. I believe it's "when the moon shines over the cow *shed*." At least that's what it says in my Kate Smith Songbook. :) Great little tune. I'm glad someone else in the world knows it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne said...
    I believe it's "when the moon shines over the cow *shed*."


    Anybody who knows Meenum knows she marches to her own drummer. Personally, I think she has a direct line to the angels. If she says "cow shines", it's "cow shines"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoken like a true adoring grandmother!

    ReplyDelete