In the "leaving things to the last second" catergory:
a) we bought these pumpkins this morning:
 |
| note to self: buy more carving knives for next year |
b) Andy was undecided about his costume until 3 pm:
 |
| I think it turned out well -- Katie helped him pick it out |
 |
| isn't he adorable?? look at his widdle tail! |
 |
| Ninja Jojo (that's just fun to say) |
 |
| Daniel went as Link again |
 |
| Toothless/Nicky wanted a sad face pumpkin |
 |
| "Nicky, show your wings and go ROAR!" |
also b) I used leftover fabric from the girls' capes and pinned it to Nicky's hoodie to make the wings. I did exactly zero sewing of costumes this year. (I used pinking shears to cut out the girls' capes -- no hemming! Score!)
 |
| isn't Katie's Triforce pumpkin AWESOME? |
 |
| you'll never guess which musical Miriam's into these days... |
Someone tonight asked them if they were twins.
 |
| "Kuuuuubooooo....." |
(reference)
 |
| the post-op trade fest |
Nicky ate most of a Hershey's bar and didn't like how his chocolatey hands felt so he decided to wipe them on the carpeted stairs.
 |
| Soot Sprite dressed up as a familiar for Halloween |
When we got home from trick-or-treating he was sitting up in one of the bedroom windows, lit up from behind. He looked exactly like a cat silhouette decoration.
 |
| ooooooooooo! |
The only picture I didn't get but wish I had was a shot of our whole group. We had 4 other families join us for pretty much our own Halloween parade. After about one street we inevitably divided up into 3 separate groups, based upon walking speed. Somehow I ended up with the boys, which was of course the fastest group. For them candy collecting is serious business -- you don't waste time! Of course all the teen girls lagged behind, since all they wanted to do was chat.
Once the small fry were done they all went back to our house and dumped their candy on the floor to examine, trade, and devour. That's another picture I should have got -- sundry super heroes and army men camped all over my living room, surrounded by a great sea of chocolate and lollipops.
We didn't seem to have as many trick-or-treaters come to our house this year (aside from the 20 or so who were part of our own group), so we have lots of leftover candy. Oh, darn! (I always make sure to get all my favorite kinds, just to prepare for this very eventuality.) (Also, I'm so glad I recoverd from that food poisoning in time.)
Happy All Hallows Eve!