Wednesday, August 19, 2015

One week old!

Dominic is a big kid.  He doesn't hold the family record, but he's running a close second.

I would just like to take a moment to say thank you to Aunt Katie H. for giving us a jumbo package of size 1 diapers.  Dominic fit into the newborn size I had purchased for him for about... 5 minutes.

Usually 3-month-size clothes are enormous on newborns.  This onesie is a perfect fit.

He is also very strong, and mature.  He figured out nursing right away.  He has some extremely alert times each day, and really focuses hard on his family's faces.  Miriam and I think he might be an early smiler.

aw, yeah, I'm all that
His hiccups are just... massive.  There was no sleeping through these when he was on the inside.


There's no sleeping through them on the outside, for that matter.  It's annoying when he gets them at 3am.

So far he seems to be a fairly relaxed kid (so long as you don't do something horrible like change his diaper).  His cues are easy to read, and he's settling into his own little rhythm.

And here's just some gratuitous newborn cuteness to satisfy the grandparents:


Finally, the package of imaginary Red Vines goes to... Aunt Terri!  Rachel got a point for being closest on time of birth, but A. Terri was closest on both birth weight and date.  No one else possessed a gambling spirit!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm a winner!!! I will enjoy the imaginary Red Vines! (And since they are imaginary, the package will be bottomless!)

    ReplyDelete