| ahhhhh... that's better. |
The kids were in heaven, and stayed outside for about 3 hours.
They are insane. They covered themselves in frozen water substances when it was below freezing outside.
(They were well supplied with hot chocolate afterwards.)
Then the rest of the week it was cold, cold, cold -- too cold even to play outside. (I draw the line at the teens, and highs in the single digits are out of the question.) You pretty much ran as quickly as you could from your house to your car when you absolutely had to come out of hibernation. I really wish we had a working fireplace.
At least the snow stayed for a few days, keeping everything bright and pretty, and since it wasn't really warm enough to melt anything, there wasn't much ice to worry about. (frozen downspouts on the other hand...) And then yesterday it snowed again!
| taken from the warmth and security of inside my house |
Three hours after this photo was taken, it turned into freezing rain. It warmed up enough during the night to make all the roads slushy, but then all the slush froze. LOVELY driving conditions for Mass this morning.
Sooo... I realize that all you fellow easterners (and Midwesterners) are yawning by now, and all you west-coasters are laughing in your sleeves since you're probably looking forward to yet another balmy, sunny day in paradise. But I'm just so excited we're having weather!
Actually, what I'm really excited about is that I can, in good conscience, kick the kids outside for a couple hours at a time and thereby enjoy a brief respite from the typical noise and chaos that is my life these days. Let's be honest here, folks.
Okay, that and there are few things more cool-looking than twilight on snow. It is so BLUE. Pity it's nowhere near full moon -- that is REALLY amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment