I know, it's hard to believe. I still think of him as my baby.
 |
| Andy will be getting all new number candles, I think. :) |
For his birthday breakfast we made crepes -- a typical special breakfast around here.
 |
| his favorite pose for the camera |
His birthday was on a Saturday this year, so we invited a few friends to join us at the pool. It was a gorgeous day, which was fortuitous, since our house at that point was in no condition to welcome guests!
Naturally, I forgot about the camera while we were singing happy birthday, so all you get is a picture of his post-chocolate-cupcaked face.
I tried to show him how to make 3 with his fingers:
 |
| so, wait, the thumb goes... how does this work? |
We brought one present to the pool:
 |
| squirt guns! (with lots to share) |
 |
| he understands that squirt guns are for shooting your sister, of course. |
After we came home and had dinner (bbq chicken & potato fries), he opened the rest of his presents.
(Lemme tell you, the dollar section at Target is perfect for sibling presents!)
We were pretty well caked-out after dinner, so for dessert Danny had a cupcake cookie!
 |
| almost as good as the real thing! |
At three, Daniel is still our sweet boy. His annoying typical 3yo behaviors are funny to us. For example, if he asks for dessert and I say no, he'll immediately counter with "I hate dessert!" He also gets into mini snits for which we use the expression "meep." (Do you make up words which perfectly fit a situation?) To say it correctly, you have to have pouty lips and say it with a descending tone: meeeeeeep. When he's acting whiny and meepish at naptime, I'll sing "O Danny Meep" which is like "O Danny Boy" except with key changes, viz.: "O Danny meep, the pipes, the pipes are meeeeping, from glen to glen, and down the mountainmeep..." Of course this sets him off ("No! *kick* Danny! *kick* Meeps! *double kick*") but at least he gets all his frustrated energy out and then goes right to sleep. And seriously, WHAT is the point of having kids if you can't harass them once in a while?
It's also very sweet seeing how Daniel looks up to Joseph. Whatever Joseph does, Daniel is sure to imitate.
 |
| (taken back in January) |
I look forward to seeing how my three little men interact with each other as they grow up. Aside from the expected punching and wrestling, that is.
Daniel is our little sunshine -- we are so happy he's a part of our family!
Happy Birthday, Handsome!
No comments:
Post a Comment