Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Big News!

We're pregnant!

Oh, wait, you already knew that.  Although an announcement at 7 1/2 months isn't entirely out of character for this blog, considering my usual timeliness in reporting family happenings.

My latest excuse for not blogging is twofold:
a) we've been spending lots of time in doctor's offices lately.  chiropractor, OB, eye doctor, dentist, pediatrician, pediatric orthopedic (say that five times real fast)... umm, did I forget anyone?  oh yeah, we also need to find a good orthodontist (and by "good" I mean "covered by our insurance") as well as periodontist. And,
b) we started school last week.  That means I had to archive last year's school work, clear out some shelves, order books, and lesson plan.
A secondary bullet point to b) is prep work for the homeschool groups we belong to.  I manage the roster for one group, and the finances and some lesson planning for another.

All that stuff takes time and energy, both of which are in short supply these days.

whew!  homeschooling is hard work!


Plus it's all on top of all the regular stuff I do, like keeping 6 1/2 people (Thumper counts!) fed, clothed, and relatively happy.  I wasn't quite mentally prepared for how much time taking care of a large family requires -- I mean, I knew in theory that it would require more juggling of time.  But I wasn't aware that I would never be able to read one whole sentence without being interrupted, at least while the children were awake.  I don't feel frantic, or even overwhelmed, just... full.  My days are full, my weeks are full, my time is full, my house is full!  I'm sort of wondering what adding another small person to the mix will do.

ANYWAY, the whole point of this post in the first place was to show off how simultaneously cute and more grown up Miriam looks today!

yes, they are hot pink.  not visible in this shot are the little hearts along the sides. please note the jungle print glasses case.
So far only her left eye needs the correction -- so it looks like she's destined to have her mother's wacky vision. I told her to blame Grampa Mike's genes. :)

Oh, and teeth are falling out of Katie's head!


Also, we just replaced our fourth and a half major appliance this summer -- the oven (and hood).  Next up: dishwasher!

So that's the news from Die Gurkehaus!

2 comments:

  1. Miriam, I LOVE your new glasses! I got my first glasses in 4th grade. I think Lucy may need them in the distant future too. It is an exciting day and so fun getting to pick them out. My first pair were pink too . . . though a light pink. I like yours much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how sweet! Looks great, Miriam. Love you, Rachel

    ReplyDelete