Sunday, June 03, 2012

Out with the Old, In with the New!

Before:
please note the missing front grill, protruding drip pan filled with sludge (not pictured), dust-bunny-covered side, sagging door, and front right corner propped up with sections of flooring because wheel is broken.
After:
bing!
the kids watched the delivery from a safe perch, while I hovered and battled dislodged dust rhinos.  all our food is in the coolers and bags on the floor there.  I way overestimated the amount of ice we needed -- I have a huge bag in the new freezer still!

homeboy's already raiding the new fridge!
Something still doesn't seem right....

ahh, better! (I removed the ice maker since we don't have a water line in that wall, and I'd much rather use that space for, you know, storing food)
So, details: we got it from the Sears outlet, which means it's in as-is condition, which means it came pre-dinged so we didn't have to stress about the first dent/scratch/permanent marker art the kids were going to make.  Score!  Also the freezer section smelled like a barn.  But after a thorough baking soda bath, it's all good!

And quiet!  We hardly know when it's on, unlike our old dinosaur of a fridge.

And is it cold!  Our ice cream is solid as a rock, which isn't so good when you actually want to eat some.  But at least we know our fridge is no longer a salmonella incubator!  Yay!


3 comments:

  1. The atmospheric lighting effects really help to contrast the before & after shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, that was TOTALLY intentional and purposefully artistic and had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the "before" shot was my last chance to take a picture before the delivery next morning. Nuh-uh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten how run down our old appliances were, yeesh.

    I can practically see the sarcasm dripping from that comment Mom.

    Miriam

    ReplyDelete