Tuesday, March 27, 2012

File Under: "WHAT was I THINKING?"

So, siblings, remember when we were kids and planning our birthday parties, and we were allowed to invite as many friends as the age we were turning?  It always seemed perfectly reasonable to me, and cool in a closet-nerd kind of way. 

Well.

Miriam turned 10 this year.  10 is a big number.  It requires BOTH hands to count it.  And with double the digits, one ought to have double the fun, right?

Right?

So.

Miriam wanted to invite everyone in the whole world that she knew to her birthday tea and knitting party.

And, like a fool, I LET her, thinking, "Oh, surely, SOME won't be able to make it, it NEVER happens that EVERYONE comes..."

(FOREBODINGGG....)

And THAT is why we had 19 girls packed into our living room this past Sunday.

Someone please shoot me before I ever agree to do something like that ever again.

More details forthcoming, once I've recovered.

(P.S. Everyone had a fabulous time, and Miriam felt properly celebrated, so it all worked out, glory be to God.)

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps a Steubie pre-teen youth rally? TAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what you get for hosting super fun parties: everybody wants to come!

    ReplyDelete