Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas.....

(didn't I use the same blog title last year?  well, it's still true...)

So until I figure out which blogger gadget turns on Smell-O-Vision, just imagine that scents of cardamom and razzleberry and baking bread with a hint of pine are wafting towards you, and then you'll know what our house smells like right now. I love the smell of Christmas Eve.

I am especially appreciating the smell of the Southern-Comfort-laced egg nog that is sitting next to my laptop right now.  I spent pretty much all day in the kitchen, and am now sitting with my feet up, until I have to get up and finish wrapping.  I had lots of help in the kitchen today.  I like the fact that the kids want to be involved in the process of making our family's traditional Christmas goodies, especially Pulla.  Making Pulla is a lot of work, but fun work, plus it's much more fun when you have an accomplished helper.

she shaped all three of the braids, God bless her!

my little Rapunzel is a very experienced braider

not much longer and I can turn over the whole process to her!

Nothing says Christmas Eve like Pulla, freshly drizzled, waiting on the counter for Christmas morning:



Aaaaaaand another Moment of Truth -- just to the right of that lovely view is this:

has anyone else's kitchen sink looked like this ALL stinkin day?

Despite the knowledge that my sink will look like this all day tomorrow too, I'm still so looking forward to the morning!  I love Christmas.  Once again I find myself wishing I had spent more time preparing spiritually for the feast, but I do feel very at peace this year.  And I'm still waiting with a joyful expectation for the coming of the Lord.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment