
Haven't done one of these in a while! Usually I find myself uninspired, with nothing earth-shatteringly witty or profound to contribute. But that's not the point -- the point is to find contentment in the everyday life around me. So here are the moments I think are important for me to remember:
{pretty}
| the dogwood in our front yard |
Someone else in today's link-up posted about the beauty of a gray day. I agree! There are few things more beautiful than the fireworks display that is November against a soft gray palette. Bright sunshine washes out the leaves' colors, but in the grayness they glow as if they were on fire, especially the maples.
{happy}
Tea. Roses. Blogging. Booberry cereal for afternoon snack. =Happiness. :){funny}
You know when your mom was mopping the dining room and had lined up all the chairs in the living room and you and your siblings played "bus"? or "train"? Well, here are my children watching a movie at the drive-in.{real}
our downstairs a week ago (right after the carpet installers left):
our downstairs today:
| that didn't take long. |
Yes - we have a maple which did indeed glow one year on an overcast day - I'll never forget it! And you are right about the beauty of gray days - November is usually gray, but it definitely has its own beauty.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I so miss the dogwoods in VA! And, you two!
ReplyDeleteI love your {real} -I can totally relate. Someday I'll have to clean the house and then take pictures of what it looks like and hang the pictures in the appropriate rooms-that way people can see how it could look if it weren't strewn with stuff.
ReplyDelete