Sunday, October 03, 2010

Random Summer

Several more posts in the queue, and a ton to upload from the camera, but meanwhile here are some random shots from late summer.

Aren't they cute? (and photogenic!)


portrait of Smokey


Daniel showcasing his talents -- grabbing stuff, and sleeping in the swing


The reason it will be a miracle Daniel survives to his first birthday.

I took Joseph to a real barber for his first haircut. I had been putting it off for months, dreading what an ordeal it might be. (he is two, after all) But the last haircut I gave him was so less than satisfactory that I decided it was time to hire a professional -- someone who knew what he was doing and could do it quick.

The Shag

Hey, he got his ears lowered!

He did great -- he balked at sitting in the chair at first, but eventually complied, albeit sullenly. The lady took a lot longer than I hoped -- but Joseph sat very patiently at the promise of a lollipop afterwards. Never underestimate the power of a good bribe.

Now Joseph really looks like a little boy. He's been acting like one for a while -- he's the reason we hear ourselves saying things like: No, don't lie down on the baby; or Hey, get your feet out of the baby's face; or Stop, the baby doesn't want to play swords right now. Joseph and Daniel are going to have great fun in about 2 years, or whenever Daniel is big enough to punch back.


1 comment:

  1. Hmm.... Boy or girl for the second? On the one hand, The Murloc needs a little girl, at some point. On the other, Damien would have fun with a little brother.

    Also, Daniel's hair has lightened considerably, it seems.

    ReplyDelete