Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Princess and the Pauper

So Katie likes sitting in for Miriam's spelling tests because she thinks the sentences I make up to demonstrate the words are funny (to her). One of Miriam's spelling words last week was "are" so while dictating the test I used the word in the sentence "What ARE you going to be when you grow up?" Without skipping a beat, Katie piped up, "A printheth." I said, "Oh really? You know you'll have to marry a prince, right?" She replied, absolutely sure of herself, "Yeth. That'th what I'm going to do."

A couple days later for science I was reading to Miriam about farms. One of the books is a neat little book about a farm through the seasons. At the end Miriam sighed and said, "I wish I lived on a farm. When I grow up I'm going to be a farmer." She was undaunted by the fact that farming is lots of hard work. She insisted that she was going to grow cows and horses and apple trees and corn.

2 comments:

  1. ...and Miriam is just the one to do it, too. Katie also.
    - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've changed my mind now...(oh, and I have no memory of this whatsoever)

    Miriam

    ReplyDelete