
FOR TODAY, January 18, 2009...
Outside My Window...
it is night. I should be packing or doing something "productive." But I feel moved to navel gaze, and hey, if you feel like it, you should do it, right?
I am thinking...
that our Church is in for an interesting ride over the next few years. The battle lines are more clearly drawn now. The election of Obama can be a good thing in this respect.
that our Church is in for an interesting ride over the next few years. The battle lines are more clearly drawn now. The election of Obama can be a good thing in this respect.
I am thankful for...
the example and prayers of the martyrs.
the example and prayers of the martyrs.
From the kitchen...
garlic and dill encrusted pork loin roasted with potatoes and pears, steamed asparagus, herb salad with cranberries and vinaigrette, and white zinfandel, served on our china. It's Sunday. We try to make it more special.
garlic and dill encrusted pork loin roasted with potatoes and pears, steamed asparagus, herb salad with cranberries and vinaigrette, and white zinfandel, served on our china. It's Sunday. We try to make it more special.
I am wearing...
one of my favorite skirts, a swirly brown corduroy from J. Jill. The rest isn't important.
one of my favorite skirts, a swirly brown corduroy from J. Jill. The rest isn't important.
I am creating...
a more enjoyable school experience for my kids by being more creative and less schedule-driven. I hope.
a more enjoyable school experience for my kids by being more creative and less schedule-driven. I hope.
I am going...
to Colonial Williamburg! We're fleeing the city for the next couple days, to return in time for the March for Life.
to Colonial Williamburg! We're fleeing the city for the next couple days, to return in time for the March for Life.
I am reading...
the Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman. I started eating more sensibly the day after New Year's, and I've already lost 3 inches off my hips. 3 INCHES!!! If this keeps up, I may attain my ballerina figure again!
the Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman. I started eating more sensibly the day after New Year's, and I've already lost 3 inches off my hips. 3 INCHES!!! If this keeps up, I may attain my ballerina figure again!
I am hoping...
the bishops will be given the courage they need to stand against the Culture of Death.
the bishops will be given the courage they need to stand against the Culture of Death.
I am hearing...
sounds of football on TV from the basement.
sounds of football on TV from the basement.
Around the house...
we got a new TV!! It's a 32-inch flat panel LCD screen. And it's very nice. I was reluctant to get a new TV (why get a new one? our 30-year-old hotel TV with built-in radio and alarm which I inherited from a roommate still works fine!) but now I can't understand how we ever got along without it! You can actually, you know, read words on the screen and stuff!
we got a new TV!! It's a 32-inch flat panel LCD screen. And it's very nice. I was reluctant to get a new TV (why get a new one? our 30-year-old hotel TV with built-in radio and alarm which I inherited from a roommate still works fine!) but now I can't understand how we ever got along without it! You can actually, you know, read words on the screen and stuff!
One of my favorite things...
Christmas lights. Our tree is still set up. That will come down soon, but I think the rest of the decorations are going to remain until Candlemas.
Christmas lights. Our tree is still set up. That will come down soon, but I think the rest of the decorations are going to remain until Candlemas.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
let's see... freezing our tails off in Williamsburg, making the most of the indoor waterpark we'll be going to afterwards, freezing our tails off at the March for Life, making the most of the parish's chili dinner afterwards, catching up on laundry, oh and housecleaning. Going to Williamsburg will be our "school" this week.
let's see... freezing our tails off in Williamsburg, making the most of the indoor waterpark we'll be going to afterwards, freezing our tails off at the March for Life, making the most of the parish's chili dinner afterwards, catching up on laundry, oh and housecleaning. Going to Williamsburg will be our "school" this week.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

from The Simple Woman
Your TV story reminds me of our old stereo in my FUS days. It was salvaged from a giveaway pile at the end of the year. I *think* it was from the 1980s, but that's mostly because I don't want to it admit it might have been older than me. At one point, Rosie and I found a cartoon that we blew up and hung on it: A middle aged baby boomer was discussing his original stereo (attained in similar fashion to ours) "It was 15 years before I realized there was another guy who sang with Peter and Mary"
ReplyDelete