Thankfully I still feel pretty good -- I'm not mooing quite yet, but give me a couple more weeks. :) I've got a pillow system worked out that allows me to get a decent night's sleep. And I've been doing exercises to keep myself flexible, so I'm able to do things like stand up when I've been sitting on the floor -- although getting off the sofa in time to answer the phone is becoming an Olympic sport. :) It's funny how each pregnancy has been so different. As one of my OB's said, "You can't compare your children!" With Katie I just felt so big and uncomfortable all the time -- but with this one there's no major discomfort, just lots of little things. I love this cartoon that came in one of my recent BabyCenter emails:

Anyway, enough about me. At long last, here are the ultrasounds from MONTHS ago, back when I was still "cutely pregnant" and not yet "DEFINITELY pregnant". :)
(we don't have a scanner so I had to take digital pics & upload them -- too many steps to get done in a timely manner!)
Yeah, I know, snapshots of ultrasounds are impossible to decipher. Even Mr. Pickles, who was there, had a hard time figuring out what he was seeing. In this one, the top of the baby's head is at the bottom left. I just love seeing all the little fingers.
uh oh, looks like we've got another nail biter...
baby power!!
cootchie cootchie coo...
So who do you think he/she looks like?
Also, betting is now open for gender/birth date. For the record:
-with Miriam, we thought she was a boy. She was born over two weeks early.
-with Katie, I was convinced she was a girl, even though she was extremely active in utero. She was born two days early.
-with this baby, it has about the same activity level as Miriam's, and I've been getting girl vibes. It's due March 28.
So, any takers? A mythical bag of marshmallows goes to the closest guess.
and not yet "DEFINITELY pregnant".
ReplyDeleteI still subscribe to Dave Barry's rule of pregnancy commentary: never, ever--under any circumstances--mention that you think a woman is pregnant unless you see the baby coming out of her.
I was going to say you're having a boy cause I'm sure you guys want to experience the other gender in the family, but seeing as how you've already had two girls, the odds look more favorable in the female department.
ReplyDeleteSo, my offical guess is a girl. :)
Christine