Thursday, September 15, 2005

Vacation pictures

Once again, a month later, we're posting pictures from our recent family vacation! Here are some highlights:

Miriam all ready for bed. (Don't you love that she wears the eye mask like a headband!)


ready for bed

This was how the girls slept at the hotel. Miriam thought Katie's "nest" was fun. The maids must have grumbled every time they came to make up the room!


sleeping beauties

Katie loved it when the air conditioner came on. She would stand right in front of the blast, shrieking with glee, while it blew her hair back.


feel the breeze!

Of course, since we were in the Twin Cities, what do you have to do but visit the Mall of America! I have to say that mall is awesome. It's too huge. And there's a Camp Snoopy right in the middle! We had fun on the kiddie rides. Miriam's favorite was the train -- she still talks about it.


ferris wheel

One day we went to a super-cool Children's Museum. I would have KILLED to go to someplace like this when I was a kid.


prairie girl (she didn't want to be a cowgirl)

Miriam LOVED going "shopping."


shopping

This section also had a bus you could pretend to drive. Miriam loved that too... until a massive invasion of daycare kids charged in and some boys pushed Miriam out of the seat. I'd never liked daycares before, but this was the last straw. I realized that these kids weren't really that bad, they just weren't supervised sufficiently. If these kids' parents had taken them to the museum, there would have been only 2 or 3 kids per adult, instead of 10.

Anyway, despite the barbarian hordes, we really enjoyed the museum. It even had a room for little tykes to explore.


lilypad

Miriam had lots of fun with her cousins at Grandma's house. They loved helping Grandma shuck corn.


shucking corn

Grandma has done a lot to babyproof -- but Katie was so pleased with herself as she was trying to foil Grandma's efforts!


aha!

One day we got to go for a boat ride at cousin Bethany's house. Miriam wasn't quite sure what to make of it, so that made her cranky. :) Here's the dialogue for this picture:
Mr. Pickles: Hey Miriam, smile for the camera!
Miriam: NOOOOO!!!!!! [click]


life vests

Katie didn't like her life vest too much. (and I can't say I blame her!)


where's Katie?

Miriam & Bethany got along well -- as well as 3-year-olds can, I guess. That is, they spent most of their time together trying to boss each other around and ignoring each other in turn. It was hilarious. But I guess they sorted things out by the end...


friends forever

As usual, we had a lovely visit and miss everyone so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment