Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Spring has sprung, the grass is ris, I wonder where the Claritin is?

In less earth-shaking news, it's officially spring here. What makes it official, you ask?
1. Our neighbors turned their air conditioner on a couple weeks ago when it was 60 outside. (they have allergies)
2. One morning while running errands I drove past no fewer than 3 road construction sites within one mile from my house. (Mr. Pickles says in the midwest they call the seasons almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction)
3. We're ALL sick. Either that or we'll all suffering from allergies. It's hard to tell -- all the symptoms are the same.
But what makes it REALLY official, is:
4. The other day I saw the first bare-chested man of spring! Every year, without fail, as soon as it's above 70, some guy -- usually middle-aged with a hairy beer belly -- will be out doing yard work. It's inevitable, like the rising of the sun, or Congress voting themselves another pay increase.

So now it's official. I'm going to the gardening shop this week to get some seeds for my garden, which is so far only a haven for weeds, forgotten squirrel stashes, a few sad-looking ex-daffodils & all manner of creepy crawlies. That reminds me... I really need to get some gardening gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment